First-Time Home Buyers
If you are a first-time home buyer, navigate the guide below for helpful insight into the buying process and tips on how to make the journey seamless when buying your first home with Navigate Realty!
#1 Meet and Greet
Meet with a Navigate agent and let’s get started! First of all, we want to get to know YOU and what’s important to you...so let’s make a list!
#2 List of Needs & Wants
Make 2 lists. The first should include items you must have (i.e., the number of bedrooms you need for the size of your family, a one-story house if accessibility is a factor, etc.). The second list is your wishes (the fun part!) - things you would like to have (pool, bonus room, etc.) but that are not absolutely necessary. Realistically for first-time buyers, you may not get everything on your wish list, but it will keep you on track for what you are looking for.
#3 Search Alerts!
We will immediately set you up on a listing search alert and show you what’s on the market that matches your checklist!
We can connect you with our rockstar lender, Corey Walker who has great loan programs and is so easy to work with…this step is vital!
Be Organized! In a convenient location, keep handy the items that will assist you in maximizing your home search efforts. Such items may include:
- One or more detailed maps with your areas of interest highlighted.
- A list or file of the properties that your Navigate agent has shown to you.
- Notes from your searches and showings as well as pictures of homes you have toured to help you remember your favorites and features you really liked.
- Visualize the house empty & with your decor: Are the rooms laid out to fit your needs? Is there enough light? Etc.
- Be Objective: Yes, we often think with our heart, but also think with your head. Does this home meet your needs? Is this home going to fit my lifestyle in the long-run? Is the location fitting?
- Be Thorough: A few extra dollars well spent now may save you big expenses in the long run as well.
#5 Dream Home= Found!
When you’re ready to make an offer, your Navigate agent will help guide you to your final destination and negotiate the best offer for you! Once the offer is accepted you’re almost homeowners!
#6 Acceptance, Appraisal, and Inspections
Now that your offer has been accepted by the seller it’s time for the due dilegence period to start and inspections so that you can make sure everything in the home is functioning properly and you’re ready to move-in! Once due diligence is up you can start getting your champagne glasses ready!
#7 Closing time
Hey Alexa! Play Closing Time by Semisonic! Congratulations! Once you’ve finished the final paperwork, it’s time to get your keys and celebrate!
While all the above may seem rather overwhelming that's why having a Navigate agent by your side is going to help YOU. Working with a us is a partnership, we’re navigating you home together. Contact us today and get connected with our top agents and let's start this journey!